Xmoto is now on github

Discussions about developing

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator

Torebun
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Xmoto is now on github

Post by Torebun » Thu May 04, 2017 5:10 pm

I took it upon myself to upload the source code of xmoto 0.5.11 onto github.

I'm surprised it wasn't on there in the first place. But this should allow a bit easier collaboration in development. And also gives a single unified place for everything source code related ;D. Hopefully it'll provide use in the future. I've been inching my way to get more familiar with xmoto and its source, I'm new to c++ so this is really all I can do to help for now. But now I can put commits to fix little bugs in the future (Maybe I could try and fix the vsyncing issues on 60hz monitors finally, without hopefully borking up the physics or timer). I hope this can make it easier in the future for people to help with development.

https://github.com/Torebun/Xmoto

I hate making posts like this, sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment. I'm sure there's some use to this, like instead of posting on xmoto's homepage about a small update, it can just have a small commit on github everyone can update to. (that is if they can compile it tho, which I can't even do on my mac yet, still gotta figure that out)

-- Also, according to github I'm the owner of this file. Obviously I'm not deserving of having this much control over the center of source development. So github allows me to switch ownership with others, but there isn't anyone I can give to at the moment. So if anyone who would like to be the lead from now on, I can switch ownership to that person if so.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Xmoto is now on github

Post by shmo » Sat May 06, 2017 5:18 am

This was just made by the current devs:

https://github.com/xmoto/
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Infinity
Main Administator
Main Administator

Post by Infinity » Sat May 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah. You're free to keep your repo, but I'd rather that we officially use the xmoto organization that I created to keep things organized.

Torebun
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Torebun » Thu May 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Okay nice, thanks! That's even better. I'm still trying to compile this thing (make issues) on OS X, but it really helps to have an online place to look at the source for the future, and also having a simple hub in general is of course helpful. I'll close mine now, there's no need of it being there anyway now that there's an official one. Thanks for listening appreciate it!

(sorry for late response btw :S)

Return to “Developer's side”