Lvl Admins

Questions about level design

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lvl Admins

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 am

[quote=""Cirpacha""]Actually, the level didn't teach one to drive up vertical walls. It just had the trick used in the gameplay. A tutorial for the trick would for example be like MTK's level 'Special Training'. First there would be a not-so-steep wall you have to drive up, then you progress to a little steeper and so on. -- Or first you have a smooth curve between the floor and the wall and then as you progress the curve becomes smaller until it is removed.[/quote]

Cirpa, we're talking about 90 degree perpendicular blocks. If u are able to drive up them, you are able to drive up any sort of wall as long as the wheel can grip the block.
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Cirpacha » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 am

[quote=""Leg-Spinner 77""]
Cirpa, we're talking about 90 degree perpendicular blocks. If u are able to drive up them, you are able to drive up any sort of wall as long as the wheel can grip the block.[/quote]
Ehm, I know what we are talking about, I played your level. I think you missed the point in my last post because that statement doesn't really make any sense. Like I said, tutorial should actually TEACH the trick, not just have it as a part of the gameplay. Tutorial should also have some sort of indication as to what to actually do, whether it is with script or guiding sprites, it doesn't matter.

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am

[quote=""Cirpacha""]Tutorial should also have some sort of indication as to what to actually do, whether it is with script or guiding sprites, it doesn't matter.[/quote]

I used the sprites in the lvl, and I don't personally see what is wrong with the gameplay.

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Cirpacha » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 am

If you want to continue the conversation, please continue it via email, I think you have mine. We're getting off topic here, not that there really is anything left to discuss about either of the topics.

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 am

[quote=""Cirpacha""]If you want to continue the conversation, please continue it via email, I think you have mine. We're getting off topic here, not that there really is anything left to discuss about either of the topics.[/quote]

I was just about to suggest doing pm xDDD
Telepathy...

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 am

Hmmmm...two-three weeks but no reply. R u admins really busy as of late? :P

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 pm

What more is there to discuss? You can't accept the fact that you don't make good levels, so you continue to argue that your levels don't get validated because people hate you and other poor excuses. Not every player's first level is great, many were rejected the first time they uploaded.

With a "new age" of xmoto -- meaning that levels are becoming smoother, nicer: players are getting better, tricks are being added that have still never been seen or done before -- you need to be making 2012 xmoto levels, not 2009. Meaning that you need to have smooth blocks, interesting gameplay that is different than a level that is already out there. You need more appealing gfx, not simple 5 minute gfx. If your having trouble with finding a good idea on gfx, look at the last validated level ingame xmoto. Those are modern day gfx.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 am

[quote=""ASDF""]What more is there to discuss? You can't accept the fact that you don't make good levels, so you continue to argue that your levels don't get validated because people hate you and other poor excuses. Not every player's first level is great, many were rejected the first time they uploaded.

With a "new age" of xmoto -- meaning that levels are becoming smoother, nicer: players are getting better, tricks are being added that have still never been seen or done before -- you need to be making 2012 xmoto levels, not 2009. Meaning that you need to have smooth blocks, interesting gameplay that is different than a level that is already out there. You need more appealing gfx, not simple 5 minute gfx. If your having trouble with finding a good idea on gfx, look at the last validated level ingame xmoto. Those are modern day gfx.[/quote]

Maybe you haven't seen the newer levels I sent in? If you haven't, then don't comment on them. If you have, give me some reasons why they should be rejected the next time I get the REJ. email. Until then, stop trashing my levels, because I don't care what you're gonna say as of now.

The admins', not testers', votes are more important. And a few admins are starting to like my levels, I think. My graphics is a lot nicer, gameplay is a bit better than before. The gameplay was great on my hardest level (the one *Awesome~Style* did the graphics, not that I was complaining about it) and my best graphics was on the simple Unorthodox level, I even had the Manchester United badge in it.

Like I said before, you might not have seen the levels. I agree that the older levels that I sent were crappy. However, I am getting better, with the admins' approval. Until then, quit screaming about how bad my previous levels were. After all, the past is past.

Oswaldt
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Oswaldt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:05 am

I like these new current lvl admins they are awesome!
Fire is red.
Poison is green.
Let\'s play hardcore in Dungeon Siege III.

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:07 am

So as an old current level admin you don't like me? Thanks :(

Oswaldt
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Oswaldt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 pm

[quote=""unnheulu""]So as an old current level admin you don't like me? Thanks :([/quote]

I never said that I dunt like u infact I think ur pretty awesome.
Fire is red.
Poison is green.
Let\'s play hardcore in Dungeon Siege III.

Return to “General level construction”