Questions about level design

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Lvl making with me!

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:24 am

G'day mates!

I am making some lvls (many of you probably know) and I was looking for gfx makers.
The range would be from pishi to UltraViolet (worst to best).
Please reply if some others kind lvl-makers want to help out :D
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Re: Lvl making with me!

Post by ASDF » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

[quote=""Leg-Spinner 77""]G'day mates!

I am making some lvls (many of you probably know) and I was looking for gfx makers.
Please reply if some others kind lvl-makers want to help out :D[/quote]

A few things:

1. This is why nobody likes you....yes nobody...don't try to argue with me about it.
2. Only a few people know that your making a level...and of the people that do know, they know it sucks..the people that don't know...don't care.
3. Talking like that makes no one want to make a level with you. I no I don't, and im mad that I even tried to help you.
4. Go fuck yourself...
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 am

[quote=""ASDF""][quote=""Leg-Spinner 77""]G'day mates!

Please reply if some others kind lvl-makers want to help out :D[/quote]

A few things:

1. This is why nobody likes you....yes nobody...don't try to argue with me about it.
2. Only a few people know that your making a level...and of the people that do know, they know it sucks..the people that don't know...don't care.
3. Talking like that makes no one want to make a level with you. I no I don't, and im mad that I even tried to help you.
4. Go fuck yourself...[/quote]

Whoa! Is that your average talking when you're angry? :O
Btw, please mind your language!
I didn't say I wanted to make a lvl with u anyway [smilie=row2_26.gif] [smilie=row2_26.gif] [smilie=row2_26.gif]

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:32 am

You are stupid...I made you a list of things to do, and an email to send any level to me...I have you a huge list of things to edit to make a level valid....and you reply is that I didn't want to make a level with you anyway?

this kid...^

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 am

[quote=""ASDF""]You are stupid...I made you a list of things to do, and an email to send any level to me...I have you a huge list of things to edit to make a level valid....and you reply is that I didn't want to make a level with you anyway?

this kid...^[/quote]

What?! I said I just wanted ur opinion, not u to do gfx for me xD

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 am

Ur level has no gfx. Read the list of what I made for you...and fix it yourself.

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:03 am

[quote=""ASDF""]Ur level has no gfx. Read the list of what I made for you...and fix it yourself.[/quote]

Ur not the admin, Hiddo is a much better person to approach to.
pishi the cat is rubbish and u are no better

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Good luck in life...

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 pm

To Hiddo, to save you time for this kid bugging you...

Okay,

1. The border needs to be invisible...or needs to be part of the level...look at the level - Hiddo - Claus. 5, he has a black border, but it joins in with the other blacks blocks...if you look at it, you will understand...Your "star" border, and random green blocks dont mix well, and they wont be validated.

2. The checkpoint is pointless, and if you use it, you respond in the middle of the block and die. delete, the level is to short.

3. Make blocks curvy. also, random straight blocks dont looks well...see the level Vulpone - Apocalypse (either 1) and see all those nice smooth cury lines? they dont have to be that small. but they look nice.

4. You need background sky gfx that really works with the "cave" that you have. big fluffy colors that fly around the screen dont look good...try to look at level a cave among hills....random parts of the cave are differnt textures and looks like a nice cave (not the best example, but it is simple cave gfx)

5. Water needs to be transparent...see the wiki for that

(look at pishi down with death level...the water isnt transparent because it is an older level, but look how the water is done)

6. Water needs to flow through the level...not just on 1/4th of it, down the side in a straight line....read ^^

7. Unnecessary sprites...you don't need a door teleport...and change the finish to something other than the arrow of a checkpoint...

8. Get rid of the wreckers surrounding the finish...there are blocks guarding it, you don't need the wreckers also..and it looks gay.

Good luck -

He needs to do this...just copy and paste :p

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:10 am

[quote=""ASDF""]To Hiddo, to save you time for this kid bugging you...

Okay,

1. The border needs to be invisible...or needs to be part of the level...look at the level - Hiddo - Claus. 5, he has a black border, but it joins in with the other blacks blocks...if you look at it, you will understand...Your "star" border, and random green blocks dont mix well, and they wont be validated.

2. The checkpoint is pointless, and if you use it, you respond in the middle of the block and die. delete, the level is to short.

3. Make blocks curvy. also, random straight blocks dont looks well...see the level Vulpone - Apocalypse (either 1) and see all those nice smooth cury lines? they dont have to be that small. but they look nice.

4. You need background sky gfx that really works with the "cave" that you have. big fluffy colors that fly around the screen dont look good...try to look at level a cave among hills....random parts of the cave are differnt textures and looks like a nice cave (not the best example, but it is simple cave gfx)

(look at pishi down with death level...the water isnt transparent because it is an older level, but look how the water is done)

6. Water needs to flow through the level...not just on 1/4th of it, down the side in a straight line....read ^^

7. Unnecessary sprites...you don't need a door teleport...and change the finish to something other than the arrow of a checkpoint...

8. Get rid of the wreckers surrounding the finish...there are blocks guarding it, you don't need the wreckers also..and it looks gay.

Good luck -

He needs to do this...just copy and paste :p[/quote]

Lalalalalalalaallalala, rubbish advice....

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:18 am

Sorry, but I have to agree with ASDF...

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:24 am

[quote=""unnheulu""]Sorry, but I have to agree with ASDF...[/quote]

Btw I need someone like u to help me out unn, not that spoilt brat.
PLEASE HELP OUT!

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Ok, my suggestions are:

Good luck -

:)

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:20 am

[quote=""unnheulu""]Ok, my suggestions are:

Good luck -

:)[/quote]

Thats ASDF's advice xD

Return to “General level construction”