Level validation

Propositions, features, discussions

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

More levels should be accepted/validated. (Less critical about the looks, and personal tastes of the person validating shouldn't matter.)(More about gameplay.)

Poll runs till Wed Jan 31, 1912 2:14 am

Yes, I agree
65%
No, I don't agree
24%
Yes, but only if all the other crappy old levels without edges etc. are removed
12%

Total votes: 17

Cigam
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cigam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:18 pm

yeah kind of like those. Like the first ones in "3rd heaven"

I can do them, but it gets annoying and I die a lot trying to do them, because my wheel does not catch or something.

philip
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by philip » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:20 pm

do u want to know now or read it in the guide?^^
Who is the real devil? --- We are.
http://images.google.at/images?q=Hunger ... a=N&tab=wi
--- because we are too proud to see the truth...

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Guide^^, how is it getting on?

Cigam
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cigam » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:43 am

It is not a big deal, so I can wait for the guide to be done.

mitchell_e
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by mitchell_e » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:57 pm

where would this guide be located?
I cant think of anything to say...

philip
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by philip » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:09 pm

when i see nicolas next time ill ask him if he makes a link on the frontpage (it would be in wiki)
Who is the real devil? --- We are.
http://images.google.at/images?q=Hunger ... a=N&tab=wi
--- because we are too proud to see the truth...

GrayFace
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by GrayFace » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:02 am

What does the 'wheelee' word mean?

The chosen one
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by The chosen one » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

1wheel on ground
asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasda

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Level validation

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:56 am

How coincidental! On the network, I said that the only way for me to become an admin is to get 200+ WRs and have 20-30 lvls validated....
And I agree, though many people think otherwise -.-, X-Moto is a game.
In this case, gfx is not soo important becoz many people play in F9 mode anyway. X-Moto only needs lvls with good gameplay for it to become a successful game FULL STOP. Its kinda weird how people only like lvls that have sooo much gfx that their computer/laptop/netbook/notebook runs slowly and the only way to prevent that is by playing in F9 mode.
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:41 am

You shouldn't have to be a good player to be an admin (you should at least have decent skills :p)...You should heavily contribute to the game...and gfx is not what causes your computer to lag...its 125364758697 sprites...which wont validate if they are pointless...
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:04 am

[quote=""ASDF""]You shouldn't have to be a good player to be an admin (you should at least have decent skills :p)...You should heavily contribute to the game...and gfx is not what causes your computer to lag...its 125364758697 sprites...which wont validate if they are pointless...[/quote]

I DO have the decent skills :P
And if I play Cosmodrome, made by a cat worshipper, my computer runs a lot slower.
It doesnt have many sprites anyway

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Then it is your computer problem...your personal computer....not all computers...your personal computer.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 pm

I have to admit, it's not just sprites.

Think about it, in a game like xmoto dirtyrects are pretty much useless - it's rarely going to be small individual squares and you'll end up with a massive array, so that's useless. Instead only points on the screen are blitted at a time.

Blitting a sprite is only different to blitting a block in that some GPUs have ready made functions for eg blitting rects. But, if your constantly blitting different blocks all the time as in some highly intensive levels (like that MTK one) then it's going to lag, full stop.

At this point the lag is down to ones GPU not ones CPU, so laptops are going to seriously struggle. My PC even has an ATI 5780 and a Phenom II x4 3.2gHz, some levels still lag on that and if they lag on such a top-of-the-range pc then very few computers will be able to run it.

I think, not intending to offend, saying that it's just down to your pc and it should be improved is very ignorant. Whilst in some cases that view can be taken, a lot of the time it's impractical. Level makers have a responsibility to make levels playable.

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:26 am

[quote=""ASDF""]Then it is your computer problem...your personal computer....not all computers...your personal computer.[/quote]

WOW, you must have a "better" computer than me...

Ametama
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Ametama » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 pm

[quote=""Leg-Spinner 77""][quote=""ASDF""]You shouldn't have to be a good player to be an admin (you should at least have decent skills :p)...You should heavily contribute to the game...and gfx is not what causes your computer to lag...its 125364758697 sprites...which wont validate if they are pointless...[/quote]

I DO have the decent skills :P
And if I play Cosmodrome, made by a cat worshipper, my computer runs a lot slower.
It doesnt have many sprites anyway[/quote]

I don't really mean to "offend" you or anything (don't see why it would but whatever) but based on your behavior on the forums so far that i've seen i wouldn't make you an admin if i had any say in it.

even if you were a really highly skilled player if you acted like an attention-whoring person or have very a very bad attitude towards other players i would reject you. it shouldn't be how good you are at the game but how you handle situations that admins run into often as well as validations (i.e. not validating your own levels without primary appeal by other admins, validating friends' levels just because they're your friend).

keep in mind i'm not really directing anything at you except for the first statement, i'm just naming the guidelines that i would have

Return to “New Ideas about the Game”