Previous Highscores

Propositions, features, discussions

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Previous Highscores

Post by shmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 am

Wouldn't it be great if you could view WR history, along with previous WR ghosts in the game? You sort of can now if you look in the replays, but it only goes however far back you have played.
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Re: Previous Highscores

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 pm

What would be the point of viewing wrs from...years ago? or months ago? it would kinda be pointless. If you want to see the times of the older wrs, look on the xmoto webpage and you can find them there..

http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/index.php?page=all_levels
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

Lord Kacper/KACPU
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Lord Kacper/KACPU » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm

But ASDF, it would be great if we can see the older drivers. For example, when i was newb in xmoto, several years ago, people were talking about great jj, Duuferna and many other old pro's. I haven't got any idea how to see how good they was, they haven't any wr (some of them 1 or 2). Also nowadays some newbies may hear about philip or |)ark Seph and they don't know e.g. are they were good, which style etc.
@Shmolagin: I know the watching old wrs would be cool, but lookin' at reality, tuxfamily pay really a lot money for xmoto and other projects servers. They can't give us 100gb for replays.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

[quote=""Czapi""]But ASDF, it would be great if we can see the older drivers. For example, when i was newb in xmoto, several years ago, people were talking about great jj, Duuferna and many other old pro's. I haven't got any idea how to see how good they was, they haven't any wr (some of them 1 or 2). Also nowadays some newbies may hear about philip or |)ark Seph and they don't know e.g. are they were good, which style etc.
@Shmolagin: I know the watching old wrs would be cool, but lookin' at reality, tuxfamily pay really a lot money for xmoto and other projects servers. They can't give us 100gb for replays.[/quote]

So does that mean that all the old WR files are no longer around?

Lord Kacper/KACPU
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Lord Kacper/KACPU » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes. If new wr is validated old replay dissappear, but, ofc, there is way to restore it

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 pm

It wouldn't cost the tuxfamily server anything if xmoto had a tab under information that said "Highscore History" and at least showed the times an the drivers.

Lord Kacper/KACPU
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Lord Kacper/KACPU » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Look at ASDF's reply if you want to see old WRs times and drivers. a
And as for tuxfamily server thingy: you don't mind that every replay has size? Man, if there is a new level there is many drivers who try to beat level. So, if some admin validate one, and in next day some guy beat the highscore and it repeate some times there are e.g. 10 validated replays so it equal= 1 validated wr=around 100kb(on 1-2 minute level); 10wr x 100kb= 1mb.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. For convenience sake it would be nice if you could check WR history in game.

Return to “New Ideas about the Game”