yellow sprites in ugly mode.

Propositions, features, discussions

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

Yellow sprites: what do you think?

Poll runs till Sat Sep 30, 1916 10:04 am

They are unnecessary, please remove them.
89%
They are ok, and they can stay.
11%
I don't care / don't know.
No votes

Total votes: 19

death warrant
Xmoto-Player Advanced

yellow sprites in ugly mode.

Post by death warrant » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Since i play xmoto only in ugly mode, i feel that they are not giving me an added value, they are not fun, and only disturbing.

are they going to be removed in the next version of xmoto?

-v3n0m-
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Re: yellow sprites in ugly mode.

Post by -v3n0m- » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks.
They really should be removed!

Hollabi
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Hollabi » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I hate this yellow circles.
Some lvls are now really hard to play in f9.
For example "Hendrik - Industrialisation", or "BalanceTrainer - The Final".
Please remove them :)

maxunander
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by maxunander » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 am

I play light gfx and before there was no trees or bushes but now its there.
Could we fix that too?

Gaivota
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Gaivota » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 am

Looking into here every now and then I ve seen theres confusion about the sprites thing.
I just want to explain some things:

Afair version 0.5.3 was the first version with the yellow sprites markers removed, because I removed them when I started to code on xmoto.
Since also in ugly mode some sprites are important for scripts and therefore gameplay, I implemented the script parser to find out which sprites and zones are important for gameplay. So unnecessary things could be removed from beeing displayed, and gameplay relevant things kept on beeing displayed.
Its the same for death zones and teleport zones, which are not displayed anymore. So if u wonder why you suddently die in ugly mode or contrast mode, its because of now invisible zones.

After nicolas removed the parser (see e.g. this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978&start=45#p6396), the funcitonality got broken and important issues relevant for gameplay arose.
By the way that was the point where I decided to leave the project, since _in my view_ questions about code became more important than playability of the game (for my statement see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=991. But that discussion we had and I prefer to let it be.

I hope some of you see clearer why xmoto lost some features and what it was all about, when you look into the linked threads.
Have fun playing and best regards

gaivota

David
Administrator
Administrator

Post by David » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 am

[quote=""Gaivota""]Looking into here every now and then I ve seen theres confusion about the sprites thing.
I just want to explain some things:

Afair version 0.5.3 was the first version with the yellow sprites markers removed, because I removed them when I started to code on xmoto.
Since also in ugly mode some sprites are important for scripts and therefore gameplay, I implemented the script parser to find out which sprites and zones are important for gameplay. So unnecessary things could be removed from beeing displayed, and gameplay relevant things kept on beeing displayed.
Its the same for death zones and teleport zones, which are not displayed anymore. So if u wonder why you suddently die in ugly mode or contrast mode, its because of now invisible zones.

After nicolas removed the parser (see e.g. this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=978&start=45#p6396), the funcitonality got broken and important issues relevant for gameplay arose.
By the way that was the point where I decided to leave the project, since _in my view_ questions about code became more important than playability of the game (for my statement see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=991. But that discussion we had and I prefer to let it be.

I hope some of you see clearer why xmoto lost some features and what it was all about, when you look into the linked threads.
Have fun playing and best regards

gaivota[/quote]

Gaivota, it's very sad that you left the developers side. A bad loss for X-Moto. You'll never come back? Even if Nicolas leave the developerside, you would come back? This Project is very important and there is just 1 Developer.

I still have a question:

Are the Translator still active?

Greez David

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:08 am

The problem is; code always must go above the playability. Otherwise it makes later debugging and feature adding very hard and can reduce the speed of the game or playability in other ways. In my projects I follow the anthem of "It's better not to have a feature than to hack it in"

ReBeL.-Smoke
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by ReBeL.-Smoke » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 am

I'm the only one who voted otherwise D:

Kubie
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Kubie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 am

[quote=""ReBeL.-Smoke""]I'm the only one who voted otherwise D:[/quote]