xMoto levels in other games?

All about Levels, Best Times, Cups

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

chozabu
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Re: xMoto levels in other games?

Post by chozabu » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Yes - I am using InksMoto to make levels - Though things from the old editor should work fine (perhaps even better, as they are less smooth and more suited to mobile devices).
Only a few textures are supported, wood, wood 2&3, grass, dirt & darkdirt - with more being added often (next version will do some Ice and snow)
Textures are different to the ones in xmoto - When I have a texture I like I just map it to a fitting name in inksmoto.

pishi - If you are willing to make some levels that would be Amazing! - but it would be rather hard without an android device to test it on...

Wheel plays quite different to xMoto in that you have low centre of gravity, smooth rotation and 4-Wheel drive (I modded xmoto to play like this a while back...)
This makes alot of levels easier. However, you do have a big square body that collides with the world (which as well as protecting your death-hitbox somewhat) prevents lots of awesome levels being played at all ( ones where a sliver of land goes between your head and wheels, so you can drive on it upsidown)

I'm rather tempted to include an xMoto-like bike as a secret soon (but with a leaning rider) :)

chozabu
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by chozabu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 pm

OK I'm getting to a stage where its realistic to use xMoto levels in my game. My truck handles well, strawberries and wreckers are supported. I mostly need to do a bunch of textures, give layers parallax scrolling, and handle joints.

My plan is to start off including a selection of the levels from the "classical" level pack. I'm gonna play through them in my game - see which ones work and which don't, add any missing textures, etc.

Anyway based on what I know, from the past, this thread and elsewhere I'm going to include the .lvl's in my APK (its just a zip file really) A copy of the GPL, and mention clearly (in credits and help) that the levels are under the GPL licence. (and from xmoto)

As far as I know this is *more* than required by the GPL - If anyone thinks I am mistaken or has other objections, do let me know!

Ametama
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Ametama » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm

i love how all the comments are negative ;)

chozabu
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by chozabu » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:49 pm

[quote=""Ametama""]i love how all the comments are negative ;)[/quote]
What do you mean?
I may be socially retarded - but the posts in this thread don't all seem to be negative?
if you mean the android marketplace comments for Wheelz.. I just counted, there are more 4/5 star comments than 1/2/3 star combined =P Google likes to highlight the lowest rated comments though it seems ;-)

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Post by manul_23 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 pm

About half of the lvls in the android game Dead Rider are identical with some older X-Moto lvls.

For expamle:
Asiam Skate Park 1
go3
Cave of Horrors
Labyrinth
and a big number of Classical lvls...

You can download the game to check it, there's a free version, too.

Could this be the game this is all about???
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:36 pm

[quote=""manul_23""]Could this be the game this is all about???[/quote]
If you're wondering what xm was based on, it is a rip off of elastomania (aka elma).
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Post by manul_23 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 am

[quote=""Shmolagin""]If you're wondering what xm was based on, it is a rip off of elastomania (aka elma).[/quote]
I knew that.

What I meant was: Could that android game mentioned in this topic be the one I was writing about?

I know Dead Rider for some months now but I always wondered why there are X-Moto lvls in the game and yesterday I came across this old topic, so I thought it could be related...
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

Return to “Level Discussion”