Redspotters

All about Levels, Best Times, Cups

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Redspotters

Post by manul_23 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 pm

This topic is all about those mysterious, hidden red areas that teleport you to secret rooms far away from the actual lvl. I call them "redspots". You can see them with F11 in Theme Mode.

I want this to become a nice list of levels with such "redspots".
If you want to become a "redspotter", then post either
* a redspot that you discovered on a lvl which is not on the list.
or
* a redspot, which someone discovered, and that you reached to tell us a bit about the secret.
(ofc also both at once is possible)

What's not allowed:
* to tell us about a redspot on one of your own levels. That's no fun. (sry Cirpa, not much to post here ^^)
* screenshots. This should become a list, not a spoiler site. So just tell us roughly where the redspot is located and a brief description of the secret.

So here's my contribution to the list:

A Christmas Present:
There's a redspot near the presents which teleports you to "Santa's research base" aka HOLLOBO 4. You can think of what it looks like there if you've played the HOLLOBO lvls and Anodyne Sea. (It's your job to find out what the further 2 redspots bring about.)

Acheron 2:
Here, it's a sprite, also located "near" a present, and not a redspot that teleports you to a room where you're welcomed very ceremonically.

Acheron 3:
Here, the secret is placed very similar to the one in Acheron 2, but the room you're teleported into is really got mysterious.

Anodyne Sea (the secrets are also mentioned in the lvl description):
There's a redspot right next to the starting point which teleports you to HOLLOBO 3. Find out what you can do there!
There's another one in Trew's map before the berry, which teleports you to a strange place: one wheel in a block, and if you look closer - your whole body in a block...

Cirpacha's deteriorating infiltration:
A redspot is located quite at the beginning of the "noob-way", teleporting you to a very narrow room, where you can squeeze around. (Pleaso post if you've reached all 4 smileys!)

Cirpacha's psychosomatic exhaustion:
There's a well-hidden redspot in the bottom left corner of the map. It teleports you to a place above the walls of the lvl, where nothing is. Press restart - or wait some time to find out a nice secret Cirpa built into his masterpiece.

Cirpacha's theoretical chaos:
There's a redspot very close to the landing point after falling down at the beginning. It teleports you to the most senseless place in the map.

Now it's your turn:
Try to reach the redspots in
* Binary (?)
* Cirpacha and *Awesome~Style* - The open hollow
* Cirpacha's feeling cold
* Magic_Bunny - Coastline
or search for some other mysterious secrets in the newer lvls and join the group of redspotters!

Good luck,
manul23
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Redspotters

Post by shmo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 pm

I've gotten all 4 smileys :D :D :D :D

David - Trick One - Easy has one that's practically impossible to spot unless you stare closely in ugly mode. It's kind of fun. Dave made it so small that it only flickers a tiny bit.

I'm sure I've found more, but I can't think of any others right now, you already listed a bunch of the ones that I knew about.

The red spots are called zones by the way. Some levels that use sprites when you touch them to teleport you as well.

Also, it's easy to hack into a level and see if there is a secret teleporter and if so what it does. Just download the level from the highscores page and select open instead of save and open it with notepad on windows, I don't know what on other operating systems. You can then see the script if you scroll to the right spot. For example, I was curious to see what the one in TOH does, so I looked that way as it was far easier than actually getting there.
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Cirpacha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:22 pm

[quote=""Shmolagin""]For example, I was curious to see what the one in TOH does, so I looked that way as it was far easier than actually getting there.[/quote]
Hey, that's not cool!

I'll just post a list of levels (I can remember) as it's much more fun to figure the secrets out on one's own.
  • Arctics Scripted
    Basic Lava Cave 2
    Magic_Bunny - Obscure (;D)
    Qwerty - Unknown
    Scor - 1
    The Teddyfather
    The U-Biker (a fantastic level for other random stuff as well)
    Tyltalis - Easy
    Tyltalis - Mimicked
    Unn's Colorful 2
    Hex's Cave of Awesomeness (pretty nonsensical)
    The Question Quest (as well)
Some levels where I found a "redspot" which was implemented on the WR route:
  • Moglis - Tropical skillz extreme (sorry...)
    SEBBEG - ENERGY
    Alien - Hm

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm

[quote=""Cirpacha""][quote=""Shmolagin""]For example, I was curious to see what the one in TOH does, so I looked that way as it was far easier than actually getting there.[/quote]
Hey, that's not cool![/quote]
I think it is...

There's a bizarre teleporter in Seb --- The Wolf, but it uses a sprite as a sensor instead of a zone.

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Cirpacha » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:28 pm

[quote=""Shmolagin""]I think it is...[/quote]
It's not. :(
Kinda destroys the point of making such additional gameplay if everyone's just going to dave their way around (dave is synonymous with cheat, you know).

Also a pointer for anyone who might be interested in implementing a "redspot" in one of their levels is to actually use a sprite instead of a zone as with sprite the hit-test is way more accurate than with a zone.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:01 pm

[quote=""Cirpacha""]A pointer for anyone who might be interested in implementing a "redspot" in one of their levels is to actually use a sprite instead of a zone as with sprite the hit-test is way more accurate than with a zone.[/quote]
Yes, this is a good point, having experimented with it myself, this is way better. Also people can't find it by playing in zone mode, they either have to see it done in a reply, find it by "daving" the scripts or run into it by accident.

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I like to keep my 'redspots' for people who like to explore the levels... So if somewhere is hard to reach go explore it.

Anyways, A Christmas Present isn't my only level with a redspot! ;D

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Post by manul_23 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Root - Level 1 has also got some secrets.

@Cirpa: Thanks for the great list!!!
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

SeRe
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SeRe » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

I also found a nice one in the new Level:
Levels Of A Legend - the smartest trick

Are you able to touch all 5 rings ? ? ? ;P

[align=center]SeRe[/align]

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 pm

[quote="SeRe"]Are you able to touch all 5 rings ? ? ? ;P
[/quote]
Yes I am...

Wesker
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Wesker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Cirpacha - feeling cold - after touch the zone it teleport you to box.

SeFe - Modern - Falling - at start go head down touch the small zone and it teleport you to some nice land. (Trick: at end of lant jump out of last sprite and next is infinity fall)

SeFe - Invalid WR - At start is small hole. so get head here and it teleport you to land where you must go on front wheel.

Shmolagin - 30 Seconds of speed - At start stop, go back, jump up right, touch the sprite, after that it teleport you to small cave. Go and after that it again teleport you out of border and you can finish the level.

SeRe - Uncontrollable - after the first jumpe where you 1st press space get head down and touch the zone. other is easy.

I had some more cool easter eggs but i havent touched zones and i dont know what is after touch. When i did it i whrite it here.

Wesker
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Wesker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 pm

[quote="Wesker"]
Cirpacha - feeling cold - after touch the zone it teleport you to box.

SeFe - Modern - Falling - at start go head down touch the small zone and it teleport you to some nice land. (Trick: at end of lant jump out of last sprite and next is infinity fall)

SeFe - Invalid WR - At start is small hole. so get head here and it teleport you to land where you must go on front wheel.

Shmolagin - 30 Seconds of speed - At start stop, go back, jump up right, touch the sprite, after that it teleport you to small cave. Go and after that it again teleport you out of border and you can finish the level.

SeRe - Uncontrollable - after the first jumpe where you 1st press space get head down and touch the zone. other is easy.

I had some more cool easter eggs but i havent touched zones and i dont know what is after touch. When i did it i whrite it here.
[/quote]

+ Cirpacha and Awesome Style - The Open hollow - When you touch zone it show you text - There is nothing lol.
+ Binary - Suck one. it teleport you to small room where you cant move.
+ Magic_Bunny - Coastline - It teleport you to top up, right of level and you cant move.
Last edited by Wesker on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeRe
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SeRe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:49 am

Great list, all my levels are mentioned! :D 8)

FJT97
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by FJT97 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:47 pm

I never heard about these spots and i never "used" on...

Just for understanding:

If i just play the lvl i could hit one of these and its teleport me to another room?
Or does that just work with f11? If it do so, it wouldnt be great, cause for some reason f1 - f12 doesnt work for me in xm...

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:18 am

[quote="FJT97"]
I never heard about these spots and i never "used" on...

Just for understanding:

If i just play the lvl i could hit one of these and its teleport me to another room?
Or does that just work with f11? If it do so, it wouldnt be great, cause for some reason f1 - f12 doesnt work for me in xm...
[/quote]

It will work whether you press f11 or not. f11 just shows you exactly where the spot is making it a bit easier.

Return to “Level Discussion”