All about Levels, Best Times, Cups

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Opinions about the Advent Calendar promotion

Post by Cirpacha » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Hey Level Discussionists

Like some of you know, we held this little event lasting from the first to the 25th of December called X-Moto Advent Calendar. I created this thread to provoke some discussion and opinions about the promotion and to hear what the players would like to see if we organized something similar in the future. One thing that is for certain is that we need a better way to advertise such events as only a small fraction of X-Moto players visit the forums.

Personally I'm really happy how this turned out and I'd like to thank all the level makers who were eager to participate and made this promotion work.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check this thread: CLICK

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Opinions about the Advent Calendar promotion

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 am

I think that this was a pretty nice event. The idea that a level gets accepted each day is very helpful to all level makers who need to know what is required for a validated level as there are more examples of what graphics and tricks are needed. It also gives them a morale boost when they see their level validated. This encourages them to test out new ideas and tricks for their newer levels and improve them.

In the matter of advertising future events, I think that you could have a post of future events like this on the X-Moto Homepage, the same way you bring out posts on the latest versions of X-Moto. Another way is to do this is to recode X-Moto and add in a News thread ingame.
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

unnheulu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by unnheulu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Or add a small thing to the server so that whenever someone joins the server then the server sends them a message (much like a pm from the server). This in-game message could be used to advertise promotions.

What we need is greater accessibility towards level construction and we need to work on advertising the game itself more.

Future promotions of the same kind should (imo) be relatively frequent but last for a shorter amount of time, ie a week.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 pm

There could be a screen that pops up in game similar to the give your opinion about this level screen, that says whatever the admins tell it to say.
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 am

It seems like everyone is giving new ideas for X-Moto, shouldn't this post be moved to the New Ideas About The Game section?
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Post by manul_23 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 pm

So, will there be another X-Moto Advent Calendar this year?
If yes, I think we should start earlier with collecting lvls designers since new lvls have been very rare this year.

I'd probably improve the one lvl I've made so far (maybe also with adding a winter theme) and try to upload it once more...

(Ofc: make a new topic when starting to discuss about this year's Advent Calendar and don't reply here!)
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

Cigam
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cigam » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 am

hey unn you remember the idea gav had about a ticker bar across the bottom of the xmoto ingame homescreen? if we eventually did incorporate that, then we could have it be displayed on the ticker too.

Return to “Level Discussion”