Xmoto Articles

General topics concerning X-Moto

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

David
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Xmoto Articles

Post by David » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Hello Dear Xmoto Community,

as far I know this community is quite inactive and there are very few new players. So I want to help Xmoto to get it more popular.
Therefor I need sample articles that I could post in Forums and / or blogs so other people are able to see them too.

My request to you guys is to post as many articles as possible under this post. I will use them to spread out Xmoto in the web.

The Article should include:
  • What Xmoto is
  • What Xmoto is all about
  • Why Xmoto is Fun
  • What you can do in Xmoto

Please note that the article should only contain max. 500 characters!
To count your characters, navigate to this site: http://www.wordcounter.net/

The articles can be written in your mother language. Prefered language would be english.

A sample would be:

XMoto
X-Moto is a challenging 2D motocross platform game, where physics plays an all important role in the gameplay. You need to control your bike to its limits, if you want to have a chance to finish the most difficult challenges. You can battle other Players, and / or play in private rooms against your friends. XMoto also provides the ability to drive Worldrecords spreaded over 3000 different Levels.

Something like this.

This is the only chance to get this community alive, otherwise we're dying like straving people in south africa.
I would appreciate any support on that.

Thank you,
Dave
Last edited by David on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeRe
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Xmoto Articles

Post by SeRe » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Really nice idea, David. Because my english isn't the best I'll do such a text/article in german:

X-Moto ist ein Spiel für jeden der Herausforderungen liebt und keine 3D-Grafik bei Spielen braucht. In diesem Spiel kannst du dich mit Freunden batteln, selbst neue Levels machen oder ,für die etwas fortgeschritteren Spieler, Weltrekorde schlagen, das heißt die weltweit beste Zeit zu schlagen.
Es ist wichtig, dass du das Motorrad perfekt behherscht um auch ein schwierigeres Level zu schaffen. Mittlerweile gibt es weit über 3000 Levels.
Hole es dir hier: http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/index.php?page=news

I hope this "article" is ok...

Greets,
          SeRe
Last edited by SeRe on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kacper/KACPU
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Lord Kacper/KACPU » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Hello guys. I made article in English and Polish languages. Hope it's good. ;) Really hard to make article that's less or equal to 500 characters that contains all these informations, but whatever.

ENGLISH

X-Moto is a free, 2D motocross platform game available on Linux, Windows and Mac OS. It lets you control the MX bike on beautiful tracks made by our players! It's really fun, you can compete with other players on 3000+ levels to claim World Records, make your own freestyle replays or just drive around for fun. If you feel like you want to make your own track that's no problem, we have a level editor that is easy to operate. If you need help you can always ask on the forums!

POLISH

X-Moto jest motocrossową grą 2D dostępną na Linux, Windows i Mac OS. Pozwala Ci na kontrolowanie motocrossu na trasach zrobionych przez naszych graczy. Możesz konkurować z innymi graczami na 3000+ poziomów aby zdobywać rekordy świata, tworzyć własne powtórki lub po prostu pojeździć dla zabawy. Jeśli chcesz zrobić własną trasę to nie ma problemu. Posiadamy edytor poziomów, który jest łatwy w obsłudze. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy zawsze możesz zapytać na forum! Odwiedź xmoto.tuxfamily.org.

Phew, it's done.
Last edited by Lord Kacper/KACPU on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't feel like writing one myself but I can correct grammar from those who don't have English as their first language.
For example:
[quote="Lord Kacper/KACPU"]
X-Moto is a free, 2D motocross platform game available on Linux, Windows and Mac OS. It lets you control the XM bike on beautiful tracks made by our players! It's really fun, you can compete with other players on 3000+ levels to claim World Records, make your own freestyle replays or just drive around for fun. If you feel like you want to make your own track that's no problem, we have a level editor that is easy to operate. If you need help you can always ask on the forums! Visit xmoto.tuxfamily.org.
[/quote]
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Lord Kacper/KACPU
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Lord Kacper/KACPU » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks Shmo, i suppose you made a mistake editing it b/c it has now more than 500 characters :C

here is cutted propeprly written edition:

X-Moto is a free, 2D motocross platform game available on Linux, Windows and Mac OS. It lets you control the MX bike on beautiful tracks made by our players! It's really fun, you can compete with other players on 3000+ levels to claim World Records, make your own freestyle replays or just drive around for fun. If you feel like you want to make your own track that's no problem, we have a level editor that is easy to operate. If you need help you can always ask on the forums!

@Shmo! I mean't MX bike as MotoCross, its abrevation.
Last edited by Lord Kacper/KACPU on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Lol, I'll have to remember to check character amount next time  ::)
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

David
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by David » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 pm

3 Articles so far!

one english, one german and one polish article. That's nice, but not enough to start the campaign.

I hope Cirpacha and tumo will also write two articles in english.

I need 10 articles each language.

Greez,
Dave

manul_23
Administrator
Administrator

Post by manul_23 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:52 pm

[quote="David"]
I need 10 articles each language.
[/quote]

Erm, why?
I'm also Felix is back! and Lefthander...

SeRe
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SeRe » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Another one, written by Stewan:

Xmoto is a physic based game, which requires a lot of skill to solve every single level. The goal of the game is to collect all the strawberries and find the finish.
Xmoto offers something for everyone: It runs on almost every computer. You can play it occasionally or try to beat all the levels (which is really hard since there are over 3000 of them, some of which are easy and others are extremely difficult). Basically the game is as hard as you want it to be. Furthermore, making a level is also possible with the level editor.

I hope that it's no problem that it has 531 characters.
Last edited by SeRe on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by David » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm

I need some more articles. Please don't become lazy over here. If you guys want more players and a bigger community, then please post your article below.

tumo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tumo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:13 pm

X-Moto is a 2D-motocross game where you’re guaranteed to get a run for your money as it’s totally free! Over 3200 different levels offer hours of entertainment and only get better the more you play. If that amount isn’t enough, no worries, you can build your own levels. Download, join online and chat and compete with your friends or aim straight for the wrs. Prepare for one of the most addicting games ever and enjoy. For more info, visit http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/
Platforms: windows, ubuntu, mac

That's 500 even. Quite skilled I must say  :P. Nothing great but can't bother for anything better. Will maybe write/translate
a Finnish version later on if I find the motivation to do that.
I may not always be right,
but I'm never wrong.

Return to “Communication”