Music

General topics concerning X-Moto

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Music

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 am

[quote=""Shmolagin""]We have a piano and a keyboard, but the piano is the one that gets played most often (my dad, mom, sister and I are all okay at it, at some point my younger brothers may learn to play too.). Our piano is actually a player piano that still works (do you know what a player is?) I played a song by bach in front of 50 to 100 people at a student concert once.[/quote]

I think Fur Elise is by Bach, my sister plays Turkish March by Mozart (Man, the speed of the song is incredible!). I am also learning Nocturne, forgot the composer. Piano players are pretty cool, but I prefer the standard Grand Piano. I kinda want to learn how to play the violin or cello, probably because most of the soundtracks I like include violins or cello. I guess I am getting ambitious? One of my relatives in Singapore has a cello, and she knows how to play it. Envy... xD
Last edited by Leg-Spinner 77 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

Cirpacha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Cirpacha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Here's my last.fm profile: CLICK.
It's just the music I have on CDs though. (well, for the last year at least)

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

[quote=""Leg-Spinner 77""][quote=""Shmolagin""]We have a piano and a keyboard, but the piano is the one that gets played most often (my dad, mom, sister and I are all okay at it, at some point my younger brothers may learn to play too.). Our piano is actually a player piano that still works (do you know what a player is?) I played a song by bach in front of 50 to 100 people at a student concert once.[/quote]

I think Fur Elise is by Bach, my sister plays Turkish March by Mozart (Man, the speed of the song is incredible!). I am also learning Nocturne, forgot the composer. Piano players are pretty cool, but I prefer the standard Grand Piano. I kinda want to learn how to play the violin or cello, probably because most of the soundtracks I like include violins or cello. I guess I am getting ambitious? One of my relatives in Singapore has a cello, and she knows how to play it. Envy... xD[/quote]

I've messed around with a violin a little, but that was at least 5 years ago. I'd pick it up again but I've been busy with school lately. My dad has a 95% built cello, but the maple cracked in a bunch of places after he stopped working on it so I don't think he'll ever do anything with it.
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 am

[quote=""Shmolagin""]I've messed around with a violin a little, but that was at least 5 years ago. I'd pick it up again but I've been busy with school lately. My dad has a 95% built cello, but the maple cracked in a bunch of places after he stopped working on it so I don't think he'll ever do anything with it.[/quote]

Wow, your family must really like classical music instruments. It would be awesome to have the violin, just need to make sure my siblings don't break it. :P

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

Cigam
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cigam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 am

fur elise is beethoven. last I remember because I used to play that all the time. but I have a piano, keyboard, and violin, my dad has a banjo and sax, and my friend has drums, my cousin has flutes. but I only do piano :P

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm

I listen to this like it's music, over and over again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcoJdYi ... 1McB9zm14w

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:19 am

[quote=""Cigam""]fur elise is beethoven. last I remember because I used to play that all the time. but I have a piano, keyboard, and violin, my dad has a banjo and sax, and my friend has drums, my cousin has flutes. but I only do piano :P[/quote]

I used to play it every day, my mum wanted me siblings and I to get good at the piano. I used to have a flute, but a very basic and simple one, I could never play it. Another one of my relatives in Singapore plays as a drummer in a band, I think.

NicoTheChamp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by NicoTheChamp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm

I found this after watching the matrix trilogy just a couple days ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA
and this is some of the music from inception i was talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrAm9Eiqcw

And some random songs i really like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgycukafqQ

NicoTheChamp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by NicoTheChamp » Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm

so i started to listen to this about 3 years ago when i learned it on the guitar, it's a pretty relaxing song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHFxncb1gRY

also started listening to the beatles a bit, also after learning some of their songs on the guitar, like all you need is love, let it be imagine and a few more

and some random songs i like, i think most people will recognize the chorus (about 1:40 on the first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gin-l4LDdXQ

and loads more, hope you enjoy!

Oswaldt
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Oswaldt » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 am

Soundtracks are the best. Especially the ones like The Hobbit, and Narnia (Only the first movie).
Fire is red.
Poison is green.
Let\'s play hardcore in Dungeon Siege III.

Oswaldt
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Oswaldt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 am

Fire is red.
Poison is green.
Let\'s play hardcore in Dungeon Siege III.

Cold Footed Mole
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Cold Footed Mole » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am

Well, I'm right now listening to

Vampire Weekend
Big Star, and
Washed Out

Also, I like The Tallest Man On Earth, and The National.
unfortunately, I can't listen to music while I play Xmoto, because my PC is sooo slow, I can't really run xmoto and something else, because the framerate drops to u60 d30 or something.. in ugly mode...
This is an Awesome Signature

(\\__/)
(=\'.\'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

shmo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shmo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 pm

[quote=""Cold Footed Mole""]I can't really run xmoto and something else, because the framerate drops to u60 d30 or something.. in ugly mode...[/quote]
Ouch, that's not good...
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Cigam
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Cigam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:15 pm

if you run the game in fullscreen mode, then it typically has a better framerate, not entirely sure why but it does.

Return to “Communication”