Who are you?

General topics concerning X-Moto

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

Fishstik
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Fishstik » Mon May 18, 2009 7:07 pm

@Pishi: Ya! Rise Against! theyre going on tour soon with rancid! I would go 2 their show, but im spending all my cash on Warped Tour tickets :S
I-E-A-I-A-I-O.

And, yes, it is.

Denniken
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Denniken » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi, I'm Dennis, better known as Denniken in the X-Moto community.

I'm from Denmark and I'm 28 years old (perhaps THE oldest active player? Certainly the oldest player in the top 10. Hehe).

I attend the university where I am just now about to finish my Masters' degree in psychology.

I started playing X-Moto about three years ago, I think. As far as I can remember, Bat de Baseball was on top back then but I could be wrong, since Philip doesn't mention him as one of the people who have been #1 and the oldest screenshot I have of the X-Moto cups ranks him only as #3. I have once myself been ranked as #3 in the world of X-Moto but am currently quite satisfied with my top somewhere in the top 10, as the important part of the game for me is to have fun while playing.

I used to play Minesweeper competitively for three or four years before X-Moto and I finished 8th (out of 23) at the 1st official Minesweeper World Championship which was held in Budapest, Hungary in April of 2007, right before I retired from Minesweeper entirely, and after that I started playing X-Moto more seriously.

Apart from computer games, I very much like all kinds of sports. During the summer I play lots of tennis and beach volleyball and during the winter, I usually play volleyball, badminton and table tennis.

I think that covers it for me. There you go Hiddo, I must now be close to topping your lengthy post, I think. :-P Thanks for reading!

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Yep, you've beaten me... I have 253 words, you have 264 words in your post, congratulations, the imaginary person that would make a longer post isn't imaginary anymore :D.

I think Death Warrant is 28 as well, so you're about even, and I think he is or was the oldest player.

Minesweeper sounds like an odd game to be professional at :p. Could you tell me something about it, how you compete and how a match works?

Anyway, time to install windows updates,

Bai.

Denniken
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Denniken » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:39 am

NOTE: This one is mostly for Hiddo who asked me to explain the tournament format of Minesweeper but I post it here if anyone else is curious:

The format varies a little but for the tournaments where players from all around the world actually get together in one location there is a usual format which resembles that used in Budapest when I was there, so I'll use that as an example.

We all met in a computer room at a university in Budapest, bringing our own mouses but playing on the computers already there. "Professional" Minesweeper players don't play the Windows version of Minesweeper. A couple of clones have been created which look exactly the same but can record videos of the games you want, so when you finish a good game you can save it or ask the program to automatically save games below a certain time for each level. This way, all tournament videos were saved as well. The scores were updated continuously as players finished games and displayed on a big screen at the front wall of the room we were in, so you could see how you were doing compared to everyone else.

The game format:
We played for 3 hours and everybody was ranked according to their best five games on intermediate and their best 5 games on expert (i.e. the sum of those 10 games). If a player did not manage to finish 5 games he would get a 999.99 second penalty for each game he didn't finish. I never did like that penalty but fortunately it didn't affect me in Budapest, since I finished more than five games on each level.

Sometimes smaller tournaments are made online as well, with customized boards being released at a certain date and then players have one week to get a really good time with those settings. Everybody will then post their best time and people will get points based on how they compare to the other players in the tournament or in their level of the tournament. Several rounds are played with a new round every one or two weeks and after 4 rounds or something a winner is found.

I hope this answers your question. Oh, and yes, it does seem like a somewhat "geeky" game to compete in, but I got completely addicted to playing and had a very hard time retiring. Ultimately I had to, because my right hand index finger now gets sore after playing for only 15 minutes. There is just too much fast clicking if you play for several hours every day and sometimes 6 or 7 hours straight. ;-) Hehe.

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 am

Ah ok :p

Well thanks for giving some info about this. I thought it was fun to read and interesting at least.

And yeah the repetitive clicking in minesweeper must be a pain after a while.

Thanks,
Hiddo

GrayFace
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by GrayFace » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm Sergey from Russia. 22 yr old. Have been playing x-moto for 2 weeks now, since 08-05-2009. I'm also developing Heroes 3 WoG and patches for Might&Magic 6 - 8.

The chosen one
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by The chosen one » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:03 pm

might and magic (Y)
asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasda

GrayFace
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by GrayFace » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:10 am

[quote=""The chosen one""](Y)[/quote]
What does this mean?

The chosen one
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by The chosen one » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 am

thumb up :)
asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdassdasdasdadasdasdasasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasda

munita
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by munita » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 am

Where can I play table tennis with a friend in Toronto? Just For Fun? I want to play table tennis with a friend in toronto but just for fun, we don't want to practice. We just want to play. Is there any place? Please.
Last edited by munita on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
i need help

l)arky_^^
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by l)arky_^^ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:12 am

should change that "housing" to "non-realted-xmoto topics" or something

The chosen one
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by The chosen one » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 pm

or "off-topic" ? i dont rly even know what housing means :P

l)arky_^^
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by l)arky_^^ » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

is incredible the activity of this forum

The chosen one
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by The chosen one » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 am

l)arky_^^
PostPosted: Sep 11, 2009 12:14 am Post subject:
sure.

l)arky_^^
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by l)arky_^^ » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:15 am

l)arky_^^
PostPosted: Sep 11, 2009 12:14 am Post subject:
sure.
ya.

Return to “Communication”