Who are you?

General topics concerning X-Moto

Moderators: Main Administator, Moderator, Global Moderator

Mojo5
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Re: Who are you?

Post by Mojo5 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi, yes, and why would this not be possible ?
Agreed.. most of the other posts indicate players in their teenage years.
I saw another post by someone claiming to be the 'oldest' one here at (I think it was) early 30's.
So, I guess I have that beat.

So, no, i'm not 'putting you on'.
I can't really think of any motive for doing that.... Just being honest.
I don't see why it should seem so unbelievable, I know many (let's say) 'seniors' (over 50...) who own and
operate PC's and Macs.
Perhaps many of them are not 'gamers' and/but I actually don't consider myself one either, really.
Most of my 'game' usage is with simulations. X-plane too.

I use my Mac mostly for business (File Maker), in the Home Improvements world, although I mainly focus on Interior Design.
A lot of my work is with Interior painting and wallpaper installation, and some artistic wall-graphics creations.
Yes... I still 'work' part time, as social security is never enough, especially now-a-days.
I ALSO work 'part time' as a cashier at one of the local malls here in busy old New York. I Need the 'bucks'....

My background was in Math (College, in the early 60's) and Computer operator in the Navy, Late 60's, (the analog type).
Yes, ANALOG! Mechanical computing devices, resembling old sewing machines, using cams, rotating wheels, & gears, that compute where to point a cannon to hit a moving target in real time on/from a moving ship.
Do a google on 'Mark 1A' to see what I mean.

Another hobby is getting into X11 too and one of these days would like to try to compile something.
I am just very fascinated with how software does it's thing.
So, perhaps just an old geek, in a way too.

Again, Yes, i'll be 70, in the near future (rather not post exact birth-date)...
Thanks for your interest,
jerry

Jeff Williams
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Jeff Williams » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 am

Hello , I come from America, Delaware ?Dover.
I'm 17 years old, playing xmoto, little records so far, [smilie=row1_11.gif]
Glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here, I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you.

* spam links removed by death warrant *
Let‘s cross the bridge when we come to it
Hogan|Scarpe Hogan

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:40 pm

I guess I will give it a go,
My real name is Brennan Tighe,
I am from Texas, USA
I am 16, so I am still in school,
I love sports, track is my favorite sport and I am ranked 3rd in the state in shot put (for our division) for my sophomore year in high school. (Now a junior and track has not started yet) (Football is my next favorite sport)
I love to train (lift, workout, lift weights, same thing) My current fts. are Bench Press: 315lbs. Leg Press: 1,015lbs. Push Press: 250lbs. Google them if you don't know what they are XD

Biggest thing that happened to me recently: shoulder surgery (R). I tore my labrum (Lay-brum). It is the cartilage in your shoulder that surrounds the "ball and socket". (Football injury)

I started playing xmoto middle of 2010, online in Aug 2011 and just play for fun XD
I have currently beaten about 900 levels, and really enjoy making levels, still new to making levels, but I think it's fun.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."

Mojo5
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Mojo5 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 am

Hello..... Brennan !!!

Thanks for your reply....
I am 70, and still exercise too... small "free-weights", yoga and aerobics.....

XMoto, Is, Indeed a fantastic gaming experience and I have been "hooked" for "months"
I run version ( 3.4.0) on my old vintage G4 Mac MDD here and it works fine.
The 5.6 v. runs good on my HP Laptop too.

Creating levels, is a real challenge, for sure, but, is very gratifying, especially if they get posted as public levels that all can enjoy.
The competition is quite changeling.
It's hard to find the delicate balance of "too hard" or "too easy" for created levels.
Then it has to pass through the "powers that be" before if becomes published.
I tried a few creations but, let's face it, it's really is an "Art-Form"...... , in a way.

I am a "Biker" at heart and have had many "Bikes" in my history, multiple, 10-speeds, as well as powered cycles.... mostly English varieties, BSA, "Matchless (AJS)",yes, a bit obscure, but very similar to BSA.

It's almost a DNA thing, if you get down to it. Yes, it's in the blood, and you can never escape it.

I run an old version (0.3.4) on my vintage 2003 MDD MAC here, but it is a lot of fun to just relax and escape into it's world, when I have the time.

Welcome aboard....

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

[quote=""Mojo5""]Hello..... Brennan !!!

Thanks for your reply....
I am 70, and still exercise too... small "free-weights", yoga and aerobics.....

Welcome aboard....[/quote]

I read the past posts about your conversations and stuff like that. I agree, it is odd that you play this. No offense...little awkward.

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:49 am

Hello Jerry aka Mojo5,

Why don't you join the network sometimes? People can be a bit rude sometimes, but there are nice days too.
Would be interesting to get to know some more about you.

Thanks,

Hiddo

Mojo5
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by Mojo5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

OK, Yeah.... some more about me...

I guess I don't really spend much time on the "network" here, as I have so many varied interests and try to use my time as wisely as I can.
I use only 3-4 games (mostly 'sim' types) that I spend a little time with, to relax. I used to play Russian solitaire a lot, but found myself just wasting so much time with it. Hell, i'm 70, and I may not have that much more time left, to get it right, it=Life.
I should be retired by now, but here I am stuck in this old house, just getting by, month to month, with this lousy economy the way it is. NY can be an expensive place to live.
Just the taxes here, are among the highest in the US/World!. I often think of re-locating down south or the mid-west, where I went to college in the early 60's (Kansas). But, kinda 'stuck' here for now. Enough whining, sorry...

I ended up finding xmoto while discovering / learning Inkscape and it's vector type graphics abilities which, I love... and still visit the Inkscape forum daily, to pick up any tips on how to do things. I also love 'Animation Master' which is a fantastic 3D animation program which BTW, really does so much more than just animation and very reasonably priced too (cheap), & Great forum support group too!!
Check it out @ hash.com. (the originator was Martin Hash)

Speaking of forums, like here... I have seen some pretty lame, childish rants and not totally sure I want to be a part of it. I am, however, still curious as to what it is like when you 'join a room'. What is that ? Do people drive against each other, like in a race ? or see who can get the best time ? or what ? could someone please expound on this for me ? (thanks-in-advance).

I also like to play 'Dirt Bike 3D Carbon' and a really old one called 'Carmageddon 2', but I have to re-boot into OS9 on my Mac for it and it screws up all my desktop Icons sometimes, which is a bugger to get all back.

Anyway, hi all, gotta get back to work here, thanks.
jerry

Hiddo
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by Hiddo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey,

A room is just somewhere where players can compare stats of a group.
It is basically the same as the World Record 'room', but on a small scale.
There is, however, a relatively new feature on the network, where you can actually race other players (like free for all, one try per map).

Also, rants and things are bound to happen, in basically every gaming community. It does not apply to all members of that community however.

Finally, I think you might misunderstood what I meant with 'network'. The network game is just something you can join in-game to see other players and there is an in-game chatroom for that as well.
Usually not much going on in the chat besides comments on and about people playing, but we had some philosophical conversations in the past too.

Ah well, see you around,

Hiddo

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:28 am

G'day mates!

My name is Rainen Harper.
I am 12 and from Joondalup, Perth, WA.
I love sports, like Cricket, Soccer, Basketball, and Judo (a martial art), Track and Field etc..
When I joined the Judo competition, I was ranked no.3.
My favourite singers/bands are U2 (Irish Rock/Pop Band), Jars of Clay (Christian band) and Michael Crawford (opera singer).
Oops, mustn't forget Michael Jackson :D
I am a Catholic (some of u may have noticed this on the X-Moto network).
School is one of the most HATEFUL things for me, though its almost ended :P.
Once, I cut my lip open with my teeth accidentally while playing and had to get it stitched up in hospital (there's a scar still) and I once broke my big toe on my right foot.
Like ASDF, I love training, but in a different way. My best are : Pull-Ups - 7, Pushups - 32 (I have done 3 2-fingered pushups on each hand and about every type of push-ups).
I love running, but despite being a fast sprinter, I have very low stamina xD
I have had a mountain bike (which I lost the key for my chain) and a dirt-stunt bike which I never rode. I also add a couple of tricks like wheelies, jumping over road humps and riding with both legs on one pedal.
And ah... that's about it regarding myself.

Cheers,
Leggie (Rainen)
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

Leg-Spinner 77
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Leg-Spinner 77 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 am

[quote=""ASDF""]
Biggest thing that happened to me recently: shoulder surgery (R). I tore my labrum (Lay-brum). It is the cartilage in your shoulder that surrounds the "ball and socket". (Football injury)
[/quote]

O.U.C.H.
"Soli Deo honor et gloria."
Member of Team Grimmie \|/

Other nicks: Standecni, Vandette (and all other Vandette names), MotR, Science & Progress, Man on the Run.

I)ark_Seph
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by I)ark_Seph » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm 14, fixin to be 15 in November 2012,
I'm in 9th grade, I live in Texas, United States
Ive been playing xmoto since late 2008, when my school friends showed me this in 6th grade
I like to play X-Moto, Minecraft, Tekkit, sit outside, listining to music, and watch TV
I like this game so much, even my friends stopped playin xmoto at the end of 6 grade
I'm For(I)ark_Seph on xmoto, and I have more profiles such as XMOTOFREAK, YouWantSomeCash?, and Freaker19.
If anybody want to chat with me, visit the xmoto chat and il be on there, or add me on Skype
Skype name: xmotofreak1
My real name is Colton Jones
Thx :)
You can contact me by email: darkstudiosdungeon@gmail.com, or PM me on the forums.

Also, I'm a Network and WR Admin with Unvalidation.

ASDF
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by ASDF » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 pm

where is Texas?

I)ark_Seph
Xmoto-Player Advanced

Post by I)ark_Seph » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Ur living in Texas right now. Think where it is.
You can contact me by email: darkstudiosdungeon@gmail.com, or PM me on the forums.

Also, I'm a Network and WR Admin with Unvalidation.

*ZWQ931*
Xmoto Player
Xmoto Player

Post by *ZWQ931* » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm

I'm 12 years old, gonna turn 13 in november. I like playing computer games and football. I weigh about 40kg and I'm 150-155cm. I've got 6 WRs (as of today).
Who else wonders what the future has in store?

Return to “Communication”