Is it not possible to press more than 2 keys at once?

General topics concerning X-Moto

Moderators: Main Administator, Global Moderator, Moderator

Donata Rosca
Xmoto Player

Is it not possible to press more than 2 keys at once?

Post by Donata Rosca » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:09 am

Hello Forum,
I have a question about xMoto-controls:

I don't know if this has always been like this, but some months ago I started playing xMoto again after a break of about 1 year, and I noticed that I cannot press 3 or more keys at once. For example: When I am driving (↑) and leaning left (←) I cannot turn to the other direction (space) unless I let go of one of the other keys.
[It is not the fault of my keyboard, because outside of xMoto I can for example use commands with 3 keys (like Strg+Alt+Esc), so it is only while playing xMoto, that I can only press up to 2 keys at once.]

I searched the xMoto-options for changing this, but didn't find anything. So if anyone knows, please answer: Is it even possible to change the "input" to more than 2 keys or do I just have to deal with it?^^

Donata Rosca

Shmolagin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is it not possible to press more than 2 keys at once?

Post by Shmolagin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Sorry for the extremely late reply, I've been busy with school and haven't thought about xmoto.

The problem is your keyboard. The issue that you are experiencing is called keyboard rollover and you can google it to find out more information. I have the same problem on some of my keyboards. The solution is to change the keys until you find a set that does not have that problem. I use IJKL to move and A as space on my keyboard.
Did you know that the tip of a lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?

Return to “Communication”